Cheesy Garlic Bread
An Italian dinner isn't complete without a side of cheesy, buttery, garlic bread and this low carb substitute is no compromise
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- 3 oz almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp garlic seasoning
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- crushed red pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, arrow root flour, garlic seasoning, italian seasoning, and nutritional yeast until fully mixed.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt shredded mozzarella for 30 seconds, stir. Set microwave for another 30 seconds, stir. The consistency should be melted and easy to stir.
- Add dry ingredients and 1 large egg to the melted cheese and knead about 2 minutes.
- Spray a piece of parchment paper lightly and top with plastic wrap. I find this to be easier to roll out the dough, especially if it is slightly sticky still. Hand shape or roll the dough to about 1/3 inch.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with garlic butter and top with any combination of mozzarella, grated parmesan, parsley and or crushed red pepper.
Leave a Reply